- Telemedicine System Design and Integration
- Biomedical System Integration
- Mutimedia(Audio,Video,Data) Netwrok Design and Integration
- Real-Time Mobile Telemedicine
- Medical Informatics
- Telemedicine Project Management
Dr. Mackenzie received his medical degree from Aberdeen University, Scotland in 1968 and completed his training in Anesthesiology at the University of London, England. During 1975-80 he was Senior Attending Anesthesiologist at the Maryland Institute for Emergency Medicine (now known as the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center). He is Professor and Vice Chairman of the Department of Anesthesiology, the Chief of Anesthesiology at the Shock Trauma Center of the University of Maryland School of Medicine, and Director of The National Study Center for Trauma & EMS. His interests include EMS systems, decision-making, human factors in medicine, and patient resuscitation.